Share | 

News and Magazine Interviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
georgy

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2006-10-13

PostSubject: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:54 am

Sanjay Bhansali’s Sister to Turn Director?
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, October 31, 2006]

Sanjay Leela Bhansali owes a lot to his sister Bela Sehgal who has edited all his films like ‘Khamoshi The Musical’, ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’, ‘Devdas’ and ‘Black’. It’s time for Bela to earn her place under the sun too. Having directed Adnan Sami’s video ‘Tera Chehra’ with Rani Mukherjee she knows her craft.

It’s being said in the trade circles that she is all set to direct a film starring SLB’s favorite Salman Khan. And the film is slated to start in June 2007. For the time being Bela is busy with brother Sanjay’s ‘Saawariya’. I am sure her film will be something to watch out for considering she has a genius of a brother by her side and an astute knowledge of the craft will surely come in handy as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:55 am

Bhai ho to aisa...

If you want an unexpected holiday, join a Salman Khan-starrer, they say. He lost out on Raj Kumar Santoshi's Ramayan owing to his penchant for trouble. Now the shooting of God Tussi Great Ho is disrupted again

Subhash K Jha

Actor Salman Khan's legal hassles and constant trysts with trouble have begun to take a toll on his career.

Apparently, Raj Kumar Santoshi's wanted to cast the actor in his magnum opus Ramayan. According to informed sources, "Salman was Santoshi's first choice for the part of Lord Rama. Salman on his part, had always expressed a desire to play Lord Rama in the movie adaptation."

"Unfortunately at this stage of his career when things could go either way for Salman's court proceedings, playing Rama would've een suicidal to Santoshi's project. He opted for a safer bet, Ajay Devgan," says our source.

That's not all. A large portion of Jaan-E-Mann had to be delayed or re-shot when Salman's hair went awry. "In fact, the first twenty minutes of Jaan-E-Mann had to be shot three times over," reveals the source.

And now, just when things appeared to be turning to normalcy, Salman had to proceed to Jodhpur on Thursday for a court hearing, thereby leaving the unit of Rumi Jaffrey's God Tussi Great Ho with one sudden, though welcome, holiday.

The actor had to put on hold many of his films like David Dhawan's Partner, Shirish Kunder's Jaan-E-Mann, Ravi Chopra's Baabul, Nikhil Advani's Salaam-E-Ishq and Rumi Jaffrey's God Tussi Great Ho.

One of Salman's delighted co-stars says, "This is one reason why I truly enjoy working with Salman. One can always count on unscheduled holidays."

* This is one reason why I truly enjoy working with Salman. One can always count on unscheduled holidays – Co-actor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:55 am

STARRY COUPLE: It was one of the rare occasions when Salman and Katrina were seen together.

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/25629/sallu-ms-universe-caught-in-the-act.html"]

WALK THE RAMP: Salman stole the limelight when he walked the ramp with Miss Universe.

STYLE GURU: Salman spoke about AIDS awareness but in his own style.

Mumbai: It was one of those rare occasions when actor Salman Khan and his girlfriend Katrina Kaif made a public appearance together.

This time it was to support fashion designer Sanjana Jon's fashion show for AIDS awareness where Miss Universe 2006 Zuleyka Rivera walked the ramp.

“Get tested, it’s in fashion. That’s the message I want to convey to Goa. That is my real purpose behind coming here,” Zuleyka said.

But as expected, it was Salman Khan who stole the limelight when he took the ramp.

Although Katrina didn’t walked the ramp with him, the audience didn't miss the opportunity to quiz the actor on his marriage plans.

“What has it (marriage) that got to do with you? Are you planning to get married on the same date, same time or do you want to marry me ?” Salman asked the audience.

Of course, he did speak about the topic of the day AIDS awareness but in his own style. “You need lots of protection. You better be careful. It’s in fashion,” he said.

However, the very fashionable star confessed that fashion shows like these only make him uncomfortable.

“I want to do it from heart. I won’t do this for fashion. I wear torn jeans and t-shirts and i'm bare-chested most of the time. I don’t care about fashion,” he said.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:56 am

The baal game

Salman Khan has taken Ranbir Kapoor under his wing. Apparently Bhai gives the budding actor tips on hairstyling

Kunal M Shah

In Bollywood, relationships are changed faster than clothes. The latest to join the patch-up bandwagon are actor Salman Khan and newcomer Ranbir Kapoor. Having fought in a nightclub a few years ago, the duo has made peace with each other recently. So much so that Salman has even introduced him to his personal hair stylist Hakim Alim so that the budding actor can take care of his hair and be clued in to style.

Speaking about Salman and Ranbir's friendship, Alim says, "Both are genuine people. Ranbir, like Salman always speaks his heart out and is not filmi at all. He comes from a very influential family yet he is very level-headed. Ditto with Salman, he is a huge star today but he is very down to earth. Salman is very protective about him. They even work out together. Salman guides him right throughout and gives him tips on maintaining his body."

As for Salman taking personal interest in Ranbir's grooming, Hakim says, "One day, I got a call from Salman to come and meet him on the sets of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya. There, he introduced me to Ranbir and asked me to take special care of him and style his hair well. I can never refuse Salman bhai so I immediately agreed."

Talking about Ranbir, Alim says, "He is certainly charming. And the fact that he's very good looking will work to his advantage. Even Sanjay Bhansali is taking a lot of interest in grooming him and would come to each and every sitting till we zeroed down on a particular look. Even Salman loved Ranbir's look. It's too early to talk about the look right now."

* Salman is very protective about Ranbir. They even work out together. Bhai guides him throughout and gives him tips on maintaining his body — Hakim Alim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:56 am

“Be Safe, says Salman Khan
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, November 07, 2006]

‘Jaanemann’ may not have been a big hit but it has definitely enhanced Salman Khan’s stature as a hot star. What’s more important is that the otherwise reticent Sallu seems more happy and at-ease with himself these days. Yesterday at an ‘Aids’ awareness programme, he urged his fans to be safe. He also said that an Aids patient shouldn’t be treated with disdain. And it’s better to have an Aids test, for one can still live for a long time and that too happily. Remember Salman had starred in an Aids awareness film ‘Phir Milenge’ directed by his once-upon-a-time co-star Revathy.

Another news on Salman Khan is that he is planning to act in the sequel of his hit film ‘Tere Naam’. Yes, it’s the same movie where he had a weird hair style. A remake of Tamil hit film ‘Sethu’, it was widely publicized that the film had some references to Salman’s personal life as well. The sequel is tentatively called ‘Phir Tere Naam’ and is expected to go on floors early next year. Bhoomika Chawla was paired with Salman in ‘Tere Naam’ while Himes Reshammiya composed some of his best tunes. Let’s see what the final star cast is of this sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:57 am

Court and hair troubles delay Salman films

By Subhash K. Jha,

Mumbai, Nov 6: David Dhawan's "Partner", Shirish Kunder's "Jaan-e-Mann", Ravi Chopra's "Baabul", Nikhil Advani's "Salaam-e-Ishq" and Rumi Jaffrey's "God Tussi Great Ho" were the five films most affected by Bollywood star Salman Khan's court proceedings and other problems.

A large portion of the recently released "Jaan-e-Mann" had to be delayed or re-shot when Salman's hair went awry.

"In fact, the first 20 minutes of "Jaan-e-Mann" had to be shot three times over," a source told IANS.

And now just when things appeared to be turning normal for Salman, he again had to proceed to Jodhpur last week for a hearing on the case related to the poaching of a chinkara, thereby leaving the unit of Jaffrey's "God Tussi Great Ho" with one sudden, though welcome, holiday.

Said one of Salman's delighted co-stars, "This is one reason why I truly enjoy working with Salman. One can always count on unscheduled holidays."

On a more serious note, the rather grim repercussions of Sanjay Dutt and Salman's legal hassles have begun to show on their careers.

Salman's career, though going great guns, would have gone to another level with Raj Kumar Santoshi's prestigious "Ramayan". According to informed sources, Salman was Santoshi's first choice for the part of Lord Rama. Salman on his part had always expressed a desire to play Lord Rama in the movie adaptation.

"Unfortunately, at this stage of his career when things could go either way for Salman's court proceedings, playing Rama would've been suicidal to Santoshi's project. He opted for the safer bet Ajay Devgan," said a source.

--- IANS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:57 am

Salman to star in Phir Tere Naam

Vajir Singh/ HT Style
Mumbai, November 7, 2006

Looking at the success of sequels, like Krrish and Phir Hera Pheri, the makers of Tere Naam have decided to follow the trend and make a sequel of their successful 2003 film.

While the original Tere Naam ended with Salman Khan deciding to go back to the mental asylum, the sequel will begin with him coming out of the home and finding out how the world around him has changed.

Apparently it was Salman Khan’s idea to make a sequel to Tere Naam which producers Sunil Manchanda and Mukesh Talreja immediately agreed to. When contacted, Manchanda said: “It’s not yet fully confirmed if we will make the sequel to Tere Naam but we are definitely toying with the idea and are currently working on the script. Let’s see. If the final output of the script excites us, we’ll definitely go ahead with it.”

Though Manchandra confirms that the film would definitely star Khan, he refuses to divulge anything more about the project and is also keeping quiet about the other cast.
It must be noted that there were some rumours of a rift between Salman Khan and director Satish Kaushik during the making of Tere Naam but then the sequel will be directed by the original director Kaushik himself.
|
When contacted Kaushik said: “I recently returned to town after finishing my work in a film based on Monica Ali’s novel Brick Lane. I haven’t met the producers, so I can’t comment on it. Gautam Kumar Jain, the presenter of Tere Naam did discuss the idea of a sequel when I met him at Salman Khan’s house for Id.”

Tere Naam was partly based on a true story, and was the Hindi version of the successful Tamil hit film Sethu. Tere Naam was promoted as Khan’s real-life story, which contributed to the curiousity and success of the film. Phir Tere Naam is expected to go on floors early next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:58 am

Salman's gift to Angelina?

[ 8 Nov, 2006 2153hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

Salman Khan is rumoured to have gifted his prized Hayabusa bike to Angelina.

The latest buzz doing the rounds is that Salman Khan has gifted his red Hayabusa to Hollywood actor Angelina Jolie, who is currently shooting for A Mighty Heart, in Pune.

Allegedly, Salman's Hayabusa was spotted outside the shooting area in Pune. A unit member informed, "Salman Khan ne madam ke liye bheja hai!"

Incidentally, Salman is a fan of Angelina and when she expressed her desire to ride a sports bike to one of Salman's friends, the actor immediately came up with this magnanimous idea.

"This friend happened to meet Salman at his Eid party and spoke about Angelina's desire to ride a sports bike. The next day, Salman made sure that the bike reached Pune," says the source.

When contacted, Aarti Surendranath (host to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in India) refused to divulge any details. "I would not like to comment on the bike or on Salman.

While the bike has been spotted in Pune, it could also be a sheer co-incidence," she said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
georgy

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:20 pm

Salman-Katrina to perform together at Kuala Lumpur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANS

Bollywood's leading star Salman Khan is set to perform with girlfriend Katrina Kaif at the Global Indian Films Awards (GIFA) 2006 Dec 7 in Kuala Lumpur.

Both the stars will perform at the Dec 9 award distribution ceremony. Apart from them, there will be mega performances by Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Ameesha Patel.

The three-day extravaganza will also feature the world premiere of Ravi Chopra's "Baabul" which will be attended by its lead actors - Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Salman Khan, Rani Mukherjee and John Abraham.

GIFA 2006 is organised by Popcorn Entertainment and One Big Option, under the aegis of Tourism Malaysia. Sony Entertainment Television has the broadcast rights of the event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Great News jocolor
Thanks georgy lol!

PostSubject: Re: News and Magazine Interviews   Today at 6:13 am

Back to top Go down

News and Magazine Interviews